• Nine clinical hours of treatment per week.
• Groups begin after work and school at 5:30 PM.
• Our evidence-based curriculum addresses addiction education, relapse prevention, and emotional recovery.
• Work through underlying causes of addiction including grief, anxiety, trauma, and depression.
• Learn tools for coping with triggers and cravings.
• Participate in a group with peers who are self-motivated and also want to heal.
• We accept in-network Blue Cross/Blue Shield policies and other insurance plans with out-of-network benefits.
WHAT IS AN INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM?
An Intensive Outpatient Program or IOP is an addiction treatment program designed to help individuals develop the coping skills necessary to recover from substance abuse while still living at home. This allows clients the opportunity to attend treatment and maintaining their personal, professional, or scholastic responsibilities. All of our staff are highly trained licensed and certified addiction counselors. At SAS we create and implement a personalized treatment plan for every client which will support them in achieving recovery from substance abuse. Our programs are customizable and can range from six weeks to six months. Each week of the IOP consists of a minimum of nine hours of group therapy with the option of additional individual counseling.
IS AN INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM RIGHT FOR ME?
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) can be a first attempt at treatment, a step up in care from a less structured outpatient addiction program, or a step down from inpatient or residential substance abuse treatment. Clients will first meet with a certified counselor for an initial consultation where we go over the client’s substance use history and background information. As we learn and understand each client’s treatment needs, we design a personalized addiction treatment plan. Occasionally, clients will first need to undergo detox or inpatient substance abuse treatment, and we have relationships with world-class facilities in Sarasota, throughout Florida, and around the country. Many of our clients have recently completed inpatient addiction treatment programs and are looking for a structured support system to more safely reintegrate back into their daily lives. Some clients have tried unsuccessfully to quit using substances on their own, finding their internal support and personal accountability insufficient. Whatever all cases, Sarasota Addiction Specialists offers anyone suffering from substance abuse and dependency a path toward recovery.